Have a bunch of juicy cherry tomatoes and mangoes so I decided to make this tasty Summer lentil salad. I like to make a simple dressing for this salad. A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and shallots.
Summer Lentil Salad
- 50g lentils
- 2 cups of water
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 cherry tomatoes. halved
- 2 cucumber. sliced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 shallot. minced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine minced shallot, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously until emulsified.
- In a medium pot combine lentils and smashed garlic clove. Add enough water to cover the lentils. Bring to simmer and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain lentils in a colander and discard the garlic.
- Place lentils, tomato, cucumber and mango in a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.