Who doesn’t love a tasty grilled cheese sandwich? The easiest way to impress your friends or your partner is by cook delicious meal for them. But impressive and tasty doesn’t have to be complicated! This super simple grilled cheese sandwich is one of my favourite weeknight heroes especially when I need to cook for a bunch of friends.
I love the combination of sweet and savoury flavour for my grilled cheese. Fruit confiture and dried fruit will give a good balance to strong and sharp cheese.
Sweet Savory Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Arugula
For the perfect sweet savory grilled cheese sandwich, I like to use two type of cheese. First I choose strong and sharp cheese like gouda, strong cheddar or aged goat cheese for the flavour and then I combine it with stringy cheese such as mozzarella.
- 4 slices white sourdough bread
- 1oo gr goat cheese
- 100 gr shredded mozzarella
- 100 gr arugula
- mango confiture
- dried apricot
- Spread each slice of the bread with a little of mango confiture on one side and butter on the other side.
- Thinly slice the dried apricot.Place the dried apricot on the mango confiture side of half the bread slices. Top with the cheese and arugula. Sandwich with the remaining bread slices, butter side up.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook cheese sandwiches in batches, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden and the cheese is melted.