Tempeh crumbles combined with fresh snow peas and lemon basil seasoned with soy sauce and Chinese black vinegar.
If you make this tempeh crumbles with snow pea & lemon basil, be sure to leave a comment and tag me on Instagram! Love to hear from you. Follow my Pinterest and Instagram to get more recipes and cooking ideas!
Related article: Quail Egg and Tempe Skewers with Gochujang Sauce
Tempeh Crumbles with Snow Pea and Lemon Basil
- 200g tempeh, crumbled
- 100g snow peas
- a handful of lemon basil
- 2 dried red chilies
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese black vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup water
- freshly cracked black pepper
- In a bowl combine the soy sauce, black vinegar, sesame oil, honey, water, and black pepper.
- Marinade the tempeh with half of the sauce, and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Stir in the tempeh and fry for about 7 to 8 minutes, until the outside of the tempeh lightly charred and browned. Stir the tempeh occasionally and re-spread across the bottom of the pan so they brown evenly.
- Toward the end of seven minutes, stir in the garlic and dried chilies, and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, until the garlic fragrant. Then add snow peas and the remaining sauce, cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in lemon basil.
- Serve warm or at room temperature over rice with fried eggs or any toppings.