Thai basil chicken is a classic and the most popular Thai street food. Serve over a bowl of white rice and top with a fried egg for ultimate comfort food.
Thai Basil Chicken
- 500 grams ground chicken
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 bird’s eye chillies, thinly sliced
- a handful of holy basil leaves
- 2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat the wok or frying pan on a high heat, add about 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to the pan. When the oil is hot enough, add the garlic and stir fry them for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Toss in the chicken and chillies, stir-fry until the chicken cooked through, stirring continuously. Stir in the sauce mix to the pan and keep stir-frying for about another 30 seconds.
- Add a splash of water if the chicken mixture is too dry, then add a handful of holy basil. Give a quick toss and then immediately turn off the heat. Serve Thai basil chicken with rice and a fried egg.