It still monsoon season in Jakarta but the weather is super hot. I don’t feel like to cook so today I just make this simple tomato salad with goat cheese. I like to eat this salad as a main dish with grilled bread, but this salad also fantastic as a side dish for grilled sausage, roast beef or seafood.
For my salad, I use mixed of sugar tomato, yellow cherry tomato and freshly picked green tomato from my garden. You can use any tomato, but it even better if you made it with different types of tomatoes.
Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese
- 2 handfuls mixed ripe tomatoes
- sea salt
- mint leaves, finely sliced
- goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Put minced garlic, shallot and red wine vinegar in a small bowl, let it rest for about 5 minutes. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the large tomatoes about 1 cm think and halve the cherry tomatoes. Lightly season with sea salt.
- Take a large plate and start layering up the tomatoes and finely sliced mint. Drizzle the dressing over the tomatoes and crumble some goat cheese on top. Serve with bread