Got creative today with a vegan-friendly vegetable platter full of local & seasonal vegetables. I served my vegetables with delicious and creamy avocado sauce.
My creamy avocado sauce includes avocados, plain yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, cilantro (or other herbs), lime juice, salt, and pepper. It’s similar in flavor to guacamole but creamier and lighter. You can store this avocado sauce for up to 3 days in the fridge.
If you make this Vegetable Platter with Creamy Avocado Sauce, be sure to leave a comment and tag me on Instagram! Love to hear from you. Follow my Pinterest and Instagram to get more recipes and cooking ideas!
Related article: One Pot Spicy Tomato Pasta
Creamy avocado sauce
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- a handful of cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
Sweet potato fries & jackfruit seeds
- 500g jackfruit seeds
- 500g white sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
assemble the platter
- English cucumber, sliced in quarters
- potato chips
- baked pita chips
- variety of cherry tomatoes
- curly endives, shredded
- pomegranate seeds
- To make the creamy avocado sauce, add all the sauce ingredients to a food processor. Blend until creamy, adjust seasoning if needed. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour.
- Boil the jackfruit seeds in salted water for 60 to 90 minutes, or until tender. You can also cook the jackfruit seeds in the pressure cooker. Drain the seeds and pat dry. Cut the sweet potatoes into sticks.
- Preheat oven to 200c. Toss sweet potatoes and jackfruit seeds with oil. Mix the spices, and salt in a small bowl, and toss them with sweet potatoes and jackfruit seeds. Spread them out on 2 baking sheets.
- Bake until brown and crisp on the bottom, about 15 minutes, the flip and cook for another 10 minutes, until the other side is crisp.
- Arrange sweet potatoes, jackfruit seeds, potato chips, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and pita chips. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, fresh herbs, and curly endive, if desired.